- Posts: 28
- Thank you received: 0
Product Options with Amount fields
Basically a quote page where the customer chooses 0 or more of each option and is able to see the total price.
Quote Item
- item a: _0_
- item b: _4_
- item c: _1_
- item d: _0_
Add to Cart
I did something like this in Virtuemart but I can't work out how to do this in Hikashop.
I got as far as using Options but they only allow "Yes/No" rather than an amount. I can't see why not allow amounts for Options.
I also added amount as a variant but that doesn't do what I want because I would have to add variants to every single Option product for every amount and price, meaning a lot of data entry when all I need is a Quantity box next to the Product Option instead of Yes/No
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Just change the "Display the quantity field on the product page" setting to "global on listing" in the HikaShop configuration.
Then, if you activate the display of the add to cart button on listings, you'll get such interface automatically.
It can also be done at the product page level with characteristics and by changing the "characteristics display method" setting to "list".
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
Can you give us more information of :
- what you currently have
- what is your issue
- what do you want
Adding some screenshots will probably help us to have a better understanding of what you want.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I want the product name to show up.
I'd like to be able to hide descriptions.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
Can you also tell me what did you do to have that tab displayed under your "product image" ? If you're using a product witch variants and if you have set the "Characteristics selection method" option to List, you should see a tab with Characteristic name/Price/Add to cart button columns.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Could you provide a link to the product page you're talking about so that we could see the issue and analyze the situation ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
The "name" there is the name of each variant of your product.
You can set it by editing each variant via the Variants tab of the product edition page.
Same for the description.
If all the variants of your product have an empty description, then the description column won't display there.
It's basically a listing of the variants of your product. So based on how you configure your products variant the listing will change.
Regarding your sentence
I don't understand what you mean. The product of your link is in the catering category. And if I go to that category's products listing, I see only one product. Furthermore, I don't see any products listing on the link you gave. Only the product page with the listing of the variants of that product. So it looks just fine.Now it shows all other products in the same category
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I think I understand how to get Variants list there but I now have a problem with the Variant name in the admin area.
To have a Variant I need Characteristic with a Value. The value becomes the name. Do I need to basically use the first sub-product as the "value"? Because I can't select the same one twice and I thought editing the Name field would be correct but the Product Name doesn't show up in the admin area variant list.
prntscr.com/8g13qw
prntscr.com/8g144c
If I have to type in a new Characteristic Name as seen here after clicking "Add Variants", then I can't edit that Name without going though the Characteristics Editor outside the product.
prntscr.com/8g14sl
Would like to be able to edit the Name somewhere in the product Variant page, prntscr.com/8g16hj , I would suggest a "Rename" option next to the dropdown eg prntscr.com/8g174d
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Variants in HikaShop are the equivalent of sub products in VM.
When you don't set any name for a variant, the system automatically uses the characteristic value.
So if you want something else than the characteristic value, enter a name in your variant and that will do it.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.