- Posts: 23
- Thank you received: 0
Updating Cart in Variant instead of Quantity
- luciomonter
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
15 years 6 months ago #9701
by luciomonter
Updating Cart in Variant instead of Quantity was created by luciomonter
Hi everybody,
I'm running hikashop business 1.4.7 and I've searched the forum, hope I don't ask for a solved thread!
I've customized the cart view to show a dropdown with all the variant I've set for a product. Variants are actually duration like 3 months, 6 months ect, but I think it doesn't matters...
Now I would like to run via javascript an UPDATE CART LINK to update the cart with the new variant...
Looking at the DELETE LINK I see it's just a quantity variation to zero calling the update cart more or less like this:
/axonline/index.php/it/component/hikashop/product/updatecart/product_id-27/quantity-0/return_url-
aHR0cDovL2xvY2FsaG9zdC9heG9ubGluZS9pbmRleC5waHAvaXQvY29tcG9uZW50L2hpa2FzaG9wL2NoZWNrb3V0L3N0ZXAvc3RlcC0x
Not considering the return_url I can imagine this link ask to update the cart removing the product with id 27 from the cart
Is there a way I can ask via URL a think like:
/axonline/index.php/it/component/hikashop/product/updatecart/cart_product_id-165/product_id-28/
Where I'm asking the cart to be updated at the "table row" 165 with the new variant selected that is product_id 28 ?!?
If there is no way to do it via URL, can you suggest where should I begin to change the source code...?!?
Thanks a lot
Luciomonter
I'm running hikashop business 1.4.7 and I've searched the forum, hope I don't ask for a solved thread!
I've customized the cart view to show a dropdown with all the variant I've set for a product. Variants are actually duration like 3 months, 6 months ect, but I think it doesn't matters...
Now I would like to run via javascript an UPDATE CART LINK to update the cart with the new variant...
Looking at the DELETE LINK I see it's just a quantity variation to zero calling the update cart more or less like this:
/axonline/index.php/it/component/hikashop/product/updatecart/product_id-27/quantity-0/return_url-
aHR0cDovL2xvY2FsaG9zdC9heG9ubGluZS9pbmRleC5waHAvaXQvY29tcG9uZW50L2hpa2FzaG9wL2NoZWNrb3V0L3N0ZXAvc3RlcC0x
Not considering the return_url I can imagine this link ask to update the cart removing the product with id 27 from the cart
Is there a way I can ask via URL a think like:
/axonline/index.php/it/component/hikashop/product/updatecart/cart_product_id-165/product_id-28/
Where I'm asking the cart to be updated at the "table row" 165 with the new variant selected that is product_id 28 ?!?
If there is no way to do it via URL, can you suggest where should I begin to change the source code...?!?
Thanks a lot
Luciomonter
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 6 months ago - 15 years 6 months ago #9724
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Updating Cart in Variant instead of Quantity
Suppose that you have a product with two variants XX and YY and that you currently have 1 XX in the cart and that the user switches to YY, you could try to use such URL (I post the unSEFed URL so that other users can easily use it):
index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=product&task=updatecart&data[XX]=0&data[YY]=1
index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=product&task=updatecart&data[XX]=0&data[YY]=1
Last edit: 15 years 6 months ago by nicolas. Reason: updated code
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- luciomonter
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 23
- Thank you received: 0
15 years 6 months ago #9730
by luciomonter
Replied by luciomonter on topic Re: Updating Cart in Variant instead of Quantity
Sorry Nicolas, can't get into it....
I'm trying:
index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=product&task=updatecart&item[18][cart_product_quantity]=4
where 18 is the product_id of the product already in the cart to check if I can at least affect the quantity of this item by setting it to 4... Nothing seems to appen, even on the jos_hikashop_cart_product table in the DB.... what am i doing wrong?
Many Thanks in advance for your help
cheers
Luciomonter
I'm trying:
index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=product&task=updatecart&item[18][cart_product_quantity]=4
where 18 is the product_id of the product already in the cart to check if I can at least affect the quantity of this item by setting it to 4... Nothing seems to appen, even on the jos_hikashop_cart_product table in the DB.... what am i doing wrong?
Many Thanks in advance for your help
cheers
Luciomonter
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 6 months ago #9739
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Updating Cart in Variant instead of Quantity
Right. I've updated the code. It's actually with data...With item it's for something else
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- luciomonter
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 23
- Thank you received: 0
15 years 6 months ago #9749
by luciomonter
Replied by luciomonter on topic Re: Updating Cart in Variant instead of Quantity
Beautiful Nicolas!
Works perfectly
Thanks a lot
Works perfectly
Thanks a lot
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 3 months ago #160345
by happiexy

fFull-stack
Replied by happiexy on topic Re: Updating Cart in Variant instead of Quantity
Hello,
I'm trying to update product quantity in the checkout page, and it is not working. It submits when I hit refresh. Kindly help.
I'm trying to update product quantity in the checkout page, and it is not working. It submits when I hit refresh. Kindly help.
fFull-stack
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 3 months ago #160428
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Updating Cart in Variant instead of Quantity
Hi,
Please provide a link to the shop so that we can look at that.
Please provide a link to the shop so that we can look at that.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.189 seconds