- Posts: 15
- Thank you received: 0
Low quantity notification email not sent
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6.5
Hello
My client is testing the low quantity notification email function. So she made a new order and a product has now 0 stock. But no emails where sent.
I saw that I forgot to setup the CRON task.
Now I received the repport that the Cron task was launched correctly, But I never receveide the email that tells me about my product that don't have stock anymore.
What is happening ?
Thanks !
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
You indeed need to configure your cron.
Then, the notification email will be sent based on the frequency configured in the plugin settings.
By default, it's one day so you need to take that into account in your tests.
Also, maybe the problem comes from the email server not sending the notification email and not HikaShop.
Check in the menu Customers>Emails history.
You should see the out of stock notification emails there once they are sent.
If you see them there and not in your email box, then the problem is with the email sending not with the plugin or the cron task and you'll have to check with your hosting.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I can't see these email here. The CRON was created AFTER a test for a product to reach 0 stock.
In fact, it's not a customer email. My client, the administrator) wants to be notified if a stock reach zero. How can admins received these stock notifications ?
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
How can admins received these stock notifications ?
That email should actually be sent to the administrator, especially to the email address that you have set through the option "From Address" via "Hikashop->System->Configuration->Email".
So you should probably directly check it to see if you are checking the correct email address inbox.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Everywhere I've set my email address (inside System / General configuration / Emails and inside System / Emails / Out of stock notification).
I've set a product quantity to 1.
I've made a offline purchase of this product. The quantity have reach 0.
Both admin and user received the notification of created order.
I've launched manually the CRON task. Here is the report :
HikaShop lancé le 2017-03-17 10:13
Products quantity checked
Taux mis à jour avec succès
But I've never received the email who told me that I have specific products that are out of stock.
I don't understand what mistakes I have made.
Thanks for your help
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Can you provide a screenshot of the informations of the email when you open it in the menu Customers>Emails history ?
Can you also provide a screenshot of the out of stock email received by the client ?
Finally, can you provide a screenshot of the settings of the out of stock email in System>Emails and of the email section of the HikaShop configuration ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Can you check the top right filter of the email history listing and select "out of stock" there so that you only see the out of stock notifications ?
That way, you'll be sure if the notifications are not sent because of a problem with the email server, or because of a problem with the plugin.
If you don't see any email there, then please provide a screenshot of the settings of your out of stock plugin and of the cron task tab of the Hikashop configuration. If you do see an out of stock notification email in the listing, then please provide a screenshot of the details of the email.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Thanks. I've added a patch for that problem on our end.
Change the line:
' product_quantity < '.(int)$this->stock_limit.' AND product_published = 1 AND product_quantity != -1 '.
to:
' product_quantity <= '.(int)$this->stock_limit.' AND product_published = 1 AND product_quantity != -1 '.
in the file plugins/hikashop/out_of_stock/out_of_stock.php and that should fix the problem.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Thanks for your time !
I will test on the PROD environment now
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.