- Posts: 121
- Thank you received: 0
Charchterisitc showing as an option on product page
- reedstickets
-
Topic Author
- Offline
-- HikaShop version -- : 5.1.5
-- Joomla version -- : 3.10.11
-- PHP version -- : 7.4.10
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : chrome
I was told, and apparently lied to, that I needed to create 2 variants for my products and fill in all the weights and sizes for shipping, which wass a ton of work but fine.
NOW the product page shows one of the characteristics as an option for customers to see. a duplicate of an option I already have. ALSO now the add to cart, add to wishlist and quantity buttons are GONE! from my products page and i am LOSING! sales.
I was told and i assume lied to that business upgrade would fix this. IT DID NOT.
I need help, asap, immediately and right now>
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
We're very sorry to hear that.
I checked your website, but I couldn't see the problems you're talking about. I did see the qauntity input field, add to cart and add to wishlist buttons, and they do work as expected on the products I tested on your website.
We've refunded you, as per the requests you made by email.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- reedstickets
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 121
- Thank you received: 0
I was able to place some code in the index.php file and fix it. But I was told before that that a business upgrade would have a option "Display limited to the variants"" which would keep the dropdown of characteristics off my page.
I upgraded Business just for this but the option was never there after looking for it forever I had to give up.
IOs there such an option or way to hide characteristics dropdowns from front end view? Like I said, I resolved it with code finally. But it wasn't fun as I really don't know what I am doing and was losing my mind.
Thanks for the prompt help.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I'm not sure what you're referring to regarding "Display limited to the variants".
There is no option named like that in HikaShop.
Who told you about this ? On this forum ?
And once you add variants to a product, your customers will have a dropdown to select the characteristic corresponding to the variants setup.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- reedstickets
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 121
- Thank you received: 0
I already have options running through characteristics and variants with no problem.
I decided to redo my shipping , but my products can change size and weights though 2 options/variant - height through "rack sapce" option and depth through" depth option.
both of these are always used by a customer - 3u(rack space) by 16" (depth) or 3u x 12" or 6u x10" and so on.
So I created the variants for those 2 which gave me 72 variants to add the exact weight and dimensions for each which is great. But it puts the drop down visible on my site to the customer. I already have them there as options. I just need this for the shipping api totals.
I bought "business" just because when I ran into this problem I was told what I wanted could be done but only with Business so I upgraded only to find the option not there.
I ended up coding something that works and removed the dropdowns from the front end view.
I assume then the only other option would be to let the front end show the variants and take those drop downs off of my "options" that are already there.
Regardless I spent way to long on this the last 2 days and bought business in a panic than found out after I bought it that the feature I wanted/needed wasn't there.
Thanks for the help,
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
If the options change the weight of the main product, then yes, you should disable these options, and create characteristics for them instead. That way, in each variant you can specify the price and weight of the combination of both options.
You can do that even without upgrading to the Business edition.
I think there must have been a misunderstanding somewhere.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- reedstickets
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 121
- Thank you received: 0
Please advise.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
We did not receive any email from you since your refund request, which we processed.
If you want to revert of an old version of HikaShop, that's possible by installing the install package of that old version.
If you want to request the install package of an old version of HikaShop because you don't have it anymore, please request it via our contact form:
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html
Make sure you provide the version number in your message as we don't know what version you were using before.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- reedstickets
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 121
- Thank you received: 0
I just want the old one I was using and not pay for the top tier. I sent 2 or 3 tickets in about this. you are not getting them?
Also I have a new issue now. I created all these chachtyersitics and variants for shipping weights and dimensions only (backend) I was able to use code to hide them on the front end after business was unable to do that. BUT the chanahterisitcs are showing up in the emails toi customers and I do not want that ast all. I just want my products title - without the characteristics after it. I have tried to alter the email templates with no luck,
How do i get rid of this?
Thansk for the hel;p,
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
We didn't receive any email or message from you (besides here on the forum) since we refunded you. That's strange.
Please directly send an email to contact AT hikashop DOT com
And please reply here directly so that we can check that we did receive it.
Please note that we already refunded you. So you're not paying for anything at the moment.
The characteristic name is added to the name of the product with a span and a specific class called hikashop_product_variant_subname
So normally, just adding the CSS below to your emails will remove these from the product name:
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- reedstickets
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 121
- Thank you received: 0
I will work on css for the emails and see if I can get it to work.,
The last problem I am having is with the USPS api plugin. Everything seems to be fine as far as I checked the debug logs and it is picking up my characteristics for each product weight and dimension I created The log shows the USPS used the data and gave the 2 prices for "priority mail international: and priority mail international express. The prices seem correct about 128.00 something and 144.00 something. But the customer was charged over $250.00 in shipping?
Do you have any idea what this could be or what is happening? See debug below. Thank you for the help!
Areas Served:
All points in England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, Guernsey, Jersey, Alderney, Sark, and the Isle of Man.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
If the "Postage" cost in the debug data is correct, but the user sees a higher shipping cost, then it means there is something in the settings of the shipping method which increases the shipping cost.
For example, if you entered something in the "price" or "percentage" fields of your shipping method, it would be added on top of the shipping cost returned by the shipping carrier.
Similarly, if you activated the "automatic taxes" setting or configured a tax category for the shipping method, taxes will be added on top of the shipping cost calculated.
Basically, you need to check the settings of your shipping method.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- reedstickets
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 121
- Thank you received: 0
Is there a way to test this?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- reedstickets
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 121
- Thank you received: 0
I was unable to get this to work, added to email and tried in the front end css section. It still appears next to my product title in emails.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
How did you add the CSS to the email ? Did you add it inside style tags ? Could you make a screenshot of what you did ?
Note that we still did not receive your email to download the old Essential edition.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- reedstickets
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 121
- Thank you received: 0
Now how do i get my checkout back? I did absolutely nothing to it at all was working fine yesterday.,
I need this fixed asdapo! as now my business is down!
This is and has been just a nightmare.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- reedstickets
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 121
- Thank you received: 0
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Hopefully, you're able to provide the information I requested in my previous message so that I can help you move forward with your issues.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- reedstickets
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 121
- Thank you received: 0
I have attached ma scrren shot of my international USPS settings, this is my only published international mail.
Let me know if you see a problem that would have jacked up the price or if there is a way to test. I can create
Attachment not found
Attachment not found
I also still;need to figure out the email stuff. Whatever I did last time really through my site for a loop.
If I can get these 2 things done I will be out of the woods and should be out of your hair.
Thanks for the time
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
1. Regarding the CSS code I provided before, you need to add it inside a style tag, as is customary for CSS code.
Also, you need to add it in the HTML section of the email.
So something like this:
2. Regarding the settings of the shipping method, note that if the "Automatic taxes" is not set to "no", HikaShop can potentially add taxes to the shipping cost returned by the shipping carrier based on how your tax rules are configured.
So, if you want to get the same shipping cost as what's returned by the shipping carrier, you want to set that setting to "no".
On your screenshot, I don't see the "price" setting. Make sure it is empty. If it's set to "100" for example, it would add 100 to all shipping costs returned by the carrier.
Also, if you check an order in your backend order manager, can you confirm that the extra 100$ you see is in the "shipping" fee, and not another extra fee (like for example a coupon with a negative percentage or negative value, which would effectively add cost to the order) ?
Besides these, I don't see what else it could be with the information you've provided so far.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.